måndag 4 maj 2009

Elvis is alive!!!!

Today I have met Elvis!! He is alive, and he is Japanese!!

I took the subway to Harajuku and went for a stroll in Yoyogi park. I ended up at a temple, and yet again i saw a traditional Japanese wedding. It struck me that no one smiled, not even the bride and groom, and that most of the guests were wearing black. Talk about the closest mourners...

After walking around for a while and with the help of a phone call to my personal guide I finally found Elvis. Or rather the Elvises. They were dancing around to some rock ‘n’ roll music putting on a great show for the spectators. It’s pretty cool that Tokyo can be extremely crowded at some places, but you never feel as crammed as you would in Sweden. People really do show more respect than they would elsewhere.

I had been recommended a perfect souvenir store in Omotesando, so I paid them a visit. They had so many gorgeous things and it sure is a shame that it’s so expensive to bring it home. But of course I couldn’t help myself so I bought a couple of things to remember this trip by.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar