onsdag 1 april 2009

Because first impressions last...

Still a bit jetlagged.. but I'm slowly starting to get more normal. I'm realising that my knowledge in body language is extremely under-developed. However, the fact that I don't understand anything what they say doesn't seem to bother the Japanese at all.. they just keep on going and going and going.... One weird thing is that they always scream at you when you leave a restaurant.. Would be interesting to know what their saying. But they look happy so I'm guessing that I didn't do anything wrong.

The Japanese seem to be very polite and everyone bows a lot all the time. The people working by the airport buses even bowed to the bus driver when he took off. Every other person you meet also wears a mask over their mouth. The woman next to me on the flight over here took one on. I got a bit offended and started smelling my armpits, but apparently she just didn't want to catch a cold, or give me one for that matter. Really polite.

One thing that really amazes me is the toilett at my hotell. How about a heated toilett seat with rear and frontal flush and a fan that automagically turns on when you sit down. For the first time in my life I actually had to read an instruction manual to be able to flush a toilett.. I have uploaded a couple of pictures of my room for the curious.

Today I have also tried out the swiming pool at the embassy where we have our office. Really nice to have an entire pool for myself. I'm planning on checking out the treadmill tomorrow. Tomorrow I will also meet with the customer for the first time. Will be interesting... Wish me luck!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar